All photos taken last Thursday.
Seven more below. . .
1. The Kid and his five girls enjoying some fresh green grass. (After sheep working Sunday this morning, breeding season ended and both rams were put back in their pen together).
2. Bear gets some lovin' from Mr. Midnight.
3. Donkeys eyeing the sheep's turnip patch.
4. Long-sleeved shirt weather.
5. Catching up on washing socks (after waiting until the last minute).
6. Beautiful baby autumn greens are in our salad bowls every night.
7. Dwarf kale, purple kohlrabi, Blue Curled Scotch kale, Parris Island cos lettuce, and New Red Fire lettuce direct seeded in a (falling apart) 4'x8' raised bed in late August. Learn how to grow your own gourmet lettuce from seed here. It's easier than you think!
8. Heading out to rake some hay!
© FarmgirlFare.com, where it's been 20+ degrees below normal during the day, and we had our first frost this morning. Hello autumn, you gorgeous thing, you.