My love of chocolate chip cookies is certainly no secret.
I've been tagged for several memes lately, and since the thought of combining them into one giant post like my pal Clare did is more than slightly overwhelming, I figured I'd just start with one and see what happens. The sweet B'Gina at Stalking The Waiter tagged me for the Ten Mysterious Things meme, for which, I am told, you reveal ten weird things about you that nobody knows. Yeah, right. Like I'm going to admit on my blog that I call Joe Big Dog, didn't know how to use a washing machine until I was in college, and still get very scared during thunderstorms. Oops.
Instead, I'm giving this meme a little twist. Since this is a food blog, I'm willing to disclose ten foodie things you probably don't know about me. But only because B'Gina called me interesting--and begged. (If you are totally not into this kind of stuff, I won't feel bad at all if you bail out now and head over to somebody else's blog. But I'm warning you--these memes are everywhere.)
Okay, here goes.
1. When I was 17 years old and about to go off to college, the only three things I remember being able to 'cook' were chocolate chip cookies, super nachos, and guacamole. The 'last meal' I requested before moving out of the house was my mother's fabulous chicken & dumplings. I have since learned to make this dish myself--along with a few other things.
(An interesting aside: this morning's daily e-mail recipe from World Wide Recipes just happened to be for Stewed Rabbit & Dumplings. Hmmmm. Robin is an ace rabbit catcher, but the only problem is she doesn't like to share.)
2. I consider hot crusty bread, organic butter, and red wine to be a complete and well balanced meal.
3. I can devour an extremely large school of Pepperidge Farm cheddar goldfish in a very short period of time.
4. Every year I grow (and even dry) all kinds of culinary herbs and never use most of them.
5. When I dine at home (which is almost always), I eat everything from green beans to lamb chops with my fingers.
6. I've processed and then vacuum sealed an entire deer by myself--more than once.
Note: Scroll down to the comments section in that 'vacuum sealed' link if you want to read a (at least in my opinion) hilarious ongoing discussion between me and Louisa about vacuum sealing, venison, and the joys of lard-fried food.
7. I eat 'healthy' microwave popcorn. A lot.
8. I am incapable of not going somewhat overboard when I happen upon a really good sale on something I use regularly. This means that I recently came home with 16 pounds of brown sugar, 15 bags of walnut halves, and about two dozen boxes of herbal tea (half price plus coupons!). They joined the 17 jars of peanut butter and 17 bottles of vanilla extract already living in the pantry.
9. I have no problem eating the same thing for dinner several days in a row, especially if it is leftover homemade pizza or pita bread pizzas.
10. I've eaten squirrel--and liked it.
Thanks again to B'Gina for tagging me. And now I'm supposed to tag five more people, but since I (sadly) haven't been out in the blogosphere much lately, I have no idea who has already been tagged. So I'm going to swipe an idea from my pal Amy, who swiped it from our pal Alisha and choose:
Just be sure to leave the permalink to your post in a comment here so we can hop over and read all about you. And have fun!